02 Mar Pennsylvania Organizations working for the fair treatment of prisoners
Posted at 19:32h in Resources & Links
- Pennsylvania Prison Society – www.prisonsociety.org, Advocates for the human, just and restorative correctional system. Promoters of a rational approach to criminal justice issues.
- Pennsylvania Innocence Project – www.innocenceprojectpa.org, Works to exonerate those convicted of crimes they did not commit and to prevent innocent people from being convicted.
- ACLU of Pennsylvania – aclupa.org, Seeks to end harsh policies and racial inequities in the criminal justice system.
- Commonwealth Foundation – http://www.commonwealthfoundation.org, Transforms free-market ideas into public policies so all Pennsylvania is more effective at advancing the common sense reforms that our state so desperately needs.
- Families Against Mandatory Minimums (FAMM) – famm.org, A non-profit, nonpartisan organization fighting for smart sentencing laws that protect public safety.
- Justice Action Network – justicactionnetwork.org, Brings together progressive and conservative partners to make our criminal justice system fairer, more efficient, and effective while ensuring public safety.
- Equal Justice Initiative (EJI) – eji.org, Committed to ending mass incarceration and excessive punishment in the United States, to challenging racial and economic injustice, and to protecting basic human rights for the most vulnerable people in American society.